Look like a dessert master with this easy brownie recipe.
1.5 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, whisked (or egg replacer)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1.5 cups almond flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used raw cacao powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup non-dairy butter substitute (or coconut oil)
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup dark chocolate
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp plant milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment and grease all sides. In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water and set aside. Or use egg replacer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flours, cocoa/cacao, salt, baking soda).
- Melt the chocolate and butter/oil. Stir well and add in flax egg, sugar, vanilla, and milk. Whisk.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir well. Add in the walnuts and remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips/pieces.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and spread until smooth and even.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F and allow brownies to cool for about 1 hour. Do not remove or try to cut until completely cool or they will crack.
Katz & the City – Life is Sweet in NYC
#vegan #chocolate #brownies #dairyfree