Here are things you can do that are very vegan, to help you celebrate World Vegan Month and remain awesomely cruelty free in November.
1) Join the WVM Facebook page to meet other vegan members from around the world
2) Join a local CSA!
What's a CSA? It means Community supported agriculture, it's basically you buying a nice box of in season fruits and veggies from local farmers to help them keep growing those veggies and fruits and help you try some new things. What’s more vegan than veggies?
3) Join a peaceful protest to speak out for your furry and feathered friends
4) Whip up a NEW and amazing Vegan dish to share with the family and remind yourself why Vegan is super delicious.
Try one of our favorite recipes! http://plantbasedbynafsika.com/recipes-health/
5) Print out or request some pamphlets to hand out at your local campus or on the street, to get the word out around the holidays about not eating our friends
6) The local animal shelters are always in need of volunteers so call and check in and see if you could take the pups for walks or spend quality time with them if you cannot do physical work. They need loving pats and pets as well as litter box cleanings and baths. Also, if you do not have any free time to volunteer you could donate money or goods. They usually post lists of current needs for food and blankets etc.
7) Donate or volunteer with a local rescue group. Rescue groups work very hard and are usually run by a couple or family out of their own home. Meaning- they need all the help they can get. Ever thought of fostering? Look into your local rescues and check in to see if they need help feeding bottle babies or need a place with a warm bed for an old abandoned dog.
8) Spend quality time with your own pets. We know life gets busy and crazy and sometimes plain out of hand but we have to make quality time for our fur babies. Take them to the pet supply store to get a new toy or pick out treats or bake them up some healthy and homemade (with love) treats!
9) Throw a vegan dinner for your family or friends, or both! Show off your mad culinary skills all while showing them that compassion never means missing out on some seriously tasty dishes. Grab some of our favorite dish recipes to wow the crowd!
..seriously though, make those brownies.
About Amarie Halley
Amarie is a Licensed Cosmetologist, Skincare Specialist, Makeup artist and Cruelty-Free beauty guru. She's natural food buff and loves holistic remedies, tinctures and healing foods. Her passion is bringing beauty and compassion together, for inside and out gorgeousness!